330 PR professionals gathered at the Macdonald Burlington Hotel in Birmingham last night for the 2018 CIPR Midlands PRide Awards.
WPR enjoyed a memorable night, winning seven Gold Awards, including Best Use of Content, Best Use of Social Media and Best Use of Digital. Judges praised the team for their “highly imaginative” work, as well as for their clear commitment to measurement and evaluation.
Telford College took home three Gold Awards, while Stone Junction picked up two including the coveted Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy Award. Judges singled out the Stafford-based consultancy for their “energy, enthusiasm and smart business strategy”.
NFU Mutual’s Jade Devlin was named Outstanding Young Communicator and Loughborough University picked up the Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team Award.
Richard Stone Chart.PR, MCIPR, Chair of CIPR Midlands, commented: “This year’s PRide Awards truly represent the best work being done in the Midlands. The quality and quantity of entries was truly impressive.
“When you next want to prove the real business value that PR delivers, point to tonight’s shortlist, Silver Award winners and Gold Award winners. There can be no stronger argument and no more incontrovertible proof.
“Moreover, the work done by the volunteers on the CIPR committee has delivered another great PRide Awards ceremony and a brilliant rallying cry to our industry in the Midlands.”
Full Gold Award winners from the 2018 CIPR Midlands PRide Awards:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign – Citypress, Schweppes, the nation’s favourite mixer
- Internal Communications Campaign – Thread & Fable and Birmingham Metropolitan College, Sharing the Friday Feeling
- Consumer Relations Campaign – WPR and Hungry Horse, Greene King, Glitter Gravy
- Public Sector Campaign – Syndicate Communications, Shakespeare’s Celebrations
- Not-for-Profit Campaign – Farm Safety Foundation, Mind Your Head
- Healthcare Campaign – WPR, A High Wire With No Safety Net
- Integrated Campaign – The Marketing Pod, Take a marketing health check
- Transport or Automotive Campaign – Vision Express, Eye Tests Save Lives
- Low Budget Campaign – WPR, All that glitters is…gravy?
- STEM Campaign – Stone Junction, Putting the rise of the cobots in context
- Education Campaign – Telford College, Define Your Future with Telford College
- Best Use of Media Relations – WPR, All that glitters is…gravy?
- Best Use of Digital – WPR and Hungry Horse, Greene King, Hungry for Summer
- Best Use of Social Media – WPR and Farmhouse Inns, Greene King, Creme Egg Yorkshire Pudding
- Best Use of Content – WPR, All that glitters is…gravy?
- Best Use of Photography or Design – Telford College, Rebranding Telford College
- Best Event – Telford College, 7th Form Launch – A UK-first for education
- Best Publication – BBC Birmingham, Spotlight
- Outstanding Young Communicator – Jade Devlin, NFU Mutual
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team – Loughborough University
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy – Stone Junction